- Why Webroot Collects Personal Information
- Webroot collects your Personal Information only where it is required in order to provide you the best services and products available. By maintaining an accurate customer database, we are able to send notifications via e-mail to keep you informed about the status of your orders or accounts and to provide updates and technical notices. These messages are essential to the maintenance of your subscription and the functionality of our products and services. Webroot does not intentionally collective "sensitive personal information," which induces, for example, Personal Information specifying medical or health conditions, racial or ethnic origin, or trade union membership.
- 2. What Information We Collect
- Webroot collects your Personal Information at a variety of points, including when you visit the Website, place an order, (which may require you to provide Personal Information, including a credit card number, to our payment gateway providers), register software, request services or take part in other activities on our Website. For example, we often ask for your Personal Information when you are conferring with one of our customer support technicians, downloading a new product or program update, registering your software or purchasing a product. During these interactions we will collect Personal Information relevant to your transacting with Webroot, such as your name, mailing address, phone number, e-mail address, shipping address and credit card information along with information about the Webroot products you own, such as the activation code or key code, date of purchase and information relating to a support issue. We use this information for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we will use this information to contact you. When you register, you will be provided with an option to opt-out of receiving promotional information on our products and services.
- Please be aware that if you prefer not to provide us with your Personal Information, because such information may be necessary for us to provide certain services, we may not be able to, or may choose not to, make such services available to you.
- Regarding Children
- Webroot does not offer services to children under the age of 13, and the Website is not directed to children under the age of 13. Webroot does not intentionally gather Personal Information about children who are under the age of 13.
- Cookies and Other Technologies
- Following common e-commerce practices, Webroot uses different information technologies to understand traffic and downloads on the Website, enabling us to improve the Website and provide the best online experience possible and improve our ability to serve our customers.
- Webroot uses "cookies" to collect non-Personal Information that enables us to better understand and improve the usability, performance and effectiveness of Webroot's Website, and for reporting purposes to track sales. Cookies are unique text files sent to your browser and stored on your computer. We do not store any Personal Information with these cookies. If you do not want Webroot to attach cookies to your browser, you can set your browser options to reject cookies or notify you when the Website tries to put a cookie in your browser software. Please Note: Rejecting cookies may affect your ability to use some of our Website services.
- Our third party advertising partners and Webroot employ small tracking images (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), that help us better manage content on our site by informing us what content is effective. Small tracking images are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, small tracking images are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We do not tie the information gathered by small tracking images to our customers’ personal information. To learn more about our advertising company’s use of small tracking images, please go to http://www.eloqua.com/.
- Additionally, Webroot gathers general information about visits to our Website and stores this information in log files. This information is stored in anonymous profiles and is not associated with a user's account. This information includes the number of total visits to our Website, and which browser is used to view our Website (including the version number). However, no Personal Information is contained in this data.
- We use local storage objects (LSOs) to store content information and preferences. Third Parties, with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity, use LSOs to collect and store information.
Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs. To manage Flash LSOs please click here: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html
- Sharing Your Personal Information
- We also may disclose your Personal Information, or other information that we receive in the course of our interactions with you, when we believe that disclosure is (a) required by law, (b) necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of Webroot or its employees, its customers, or others, and/or (c) is necessary to comply with a lawful request, court order, or legal process served on Webroot.
- If you choose to use our chat forum and require assistance, and would like someone to follow-up with you, then you will be asked to provide an email address. The email address is stored in "chat logs" by a third party, but is not utilized in any way by them and remains our information.
- Webroot Affiliates And Links To Other Websites
- You can log in to our site using single sign-in services, such as Facebook Connect or an Open ID provider. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign up form. Services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on this Website to your profile page to share with others within your network.
- How We Communicate with You
- Webroot has an optional e-mail service for customers who wish to periodically receive promotional information, such as general product, service and Webroot news. Users can sign up for emails through one of the following processes: (1) an online purchase; (2) registering through the full application; and (3) registering through the trial application.
- Customers are provided the option to opt-out within each e-mail. If you no longer wish to receive Webroot communications, you may "unsubscribe" from our e-mailing service at any time in the following ways:
- By clicking on the auto-unsubscribe link included in each e-mail; or
- By contacting our technical support department at 1-800-772-9383.
- We will then update our database and take reasonable measures so that no further promotional correspondence should be sent to your e-mail address. You may, however, still receive transactional messages.
- Surveys and Contests
- From time-to-time we may provide you the opportunity to participate in contests or surveys on the Website. If you participate, we will request certain Personal Information from you. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name and email address), and demographic information (such as zip code).
- We use this information to monitor site traffic and personalize the site, and to notify contest winners and award prizes.
- We may continue to use a third party service provider to conduct these surveys or contests; that company is prohibited by contract from using your Personal Information for any other purpose. We will not share the Personal Information you provide through a contest or survey with other third parties unless we give you prior notice and a choice to opt-out.
- Transactional Messages
- Webroot sends required notifications via e-mail to keep you informed of the status of your orders or accounts and to provide updates and technical notices. This service is used for messages that are important for the maintenance of your subscription and the functionality of our services. When you purchase or register a product online, we require an e-mail address for completion of the transaction, which we will use for these communications. In order to stop receiving these notifications, please contact our technical support team http://www.webroot.com/~:region:~/support/. You will be opted out of further communications within ten (10) business days. Please Note: Opting out of these notifications may result in the software becoming outdated and will prevent us from sending technical notices to you.
- Ways to Update Your Personal Information
- Webroot carefully maintains our customer database in an effort to keep your Personal Information accurate for the purposes for which it is used. It is your right to be able to update your Personal Information as needed. You can correct out-of-date information, update information, remove information, delete your Personal Information or review any information previously provided to Webroot by calling our individual sales department office during normal business hours (7 a.m. MST to 6 p.m. MST) at 1-800-772-9383. Changes will be implemented within ten (10) business days. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. Please note, however, that we may retain certain information relating to software licensing and your information may also be retained in our archives. When contacting customer service, we will verify your identification through the use of security questions before sharing any Personal Information as it appears in our customer database. Webroot will retain Personal Information received from the E.U. only for as long as is necessary to accomplish its legitimate business purposes or for as long as may be required by applicable law.
- Public Forums
- Our Website offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at email@example.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
- If you choose to use our referral service to email a friend a blog post from our site, we will ask you for your name and email address as well as your friend's email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting them to read the blog post. Webroot stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email.
- Your friend may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we remove this information from our database.
- Webroot's Commitment to Data Security
- Webroot has security measures in place, such as the following, to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of your Personal Information in our customer database. Personal Information provided to Webroot is stored in secure facilities with access restricted to authorized personnel only. We have put in place a series of access-control procedures required for retrieval of Personal Information. The Website is regularly tested for security breaches to protect against unauthorized viewing of Personal Information.
- Webroot DOES NOT store credit card information. If you choose to purchase the software online using a credit card, the credit card information is sent to Webroot using Secure Socket Layer ("SSL") encryption, an industry-standard method for protecting data as it travels over the Internet. If at any time you would like to make a purchase, but do not want to provide your credit card information online, you may contact an individual sales representative over the telephone. Simply call 1-800-772-9383.
- Although we make good faith efforts to store the Personal Information we collect in a secure operating environment that is not accessible to unauthorized users, we cannot guarantee complete security for your Personal Information.
- Enforcement for Personal Information Subject to the Safe Harbor
- Webroot Contact Information
- Send written correspondence to:
385 Interlocken Crescent
Broomfield, CO 80021
- Contact us by phone:
- Office hours: Monday - Friday 9 AM - 5 PM, MST (except Holidays)
- Telephone: (800) 772-9383 or (303) 442-3813